Working extensively with the ELA Common Core State Standards led Janet to create a progressive continuums app that aids educators in observing the standards' nuances across grade levels K-12.
The CCSS ELA Progressive Continuum App provides teachers and administrators with visual enhancements that accentuate the progressive learning expectations for each of the ELA Common Core State Standards K-12 strands (Reading, Writing, Speaking/Listening, Language), as well as the Literacy in... Standards for Grades 6-12.
Each strand’s grade level-specific standards include boldfaced text to indicate new learning and italics to indicate recurring learning from the previous academic year or years.
For the Grades 6-12 Literacy In History/Social Studies, Science, and Technical Subjects, the same boldface and italics coding is used, and also includes a side-by-side comparison of the Literacy In… standards and correlated ELA standards.
The CCSS ELA Progressive Continuums app allows users to easily:
- Observe standards across grade levels to aid in reading and interpreting the standards from a systemic point of view.
- Conduct searches within each sub-strand's standards using keywords or phrases.
- Retrieve the College and Career Readiness ELA Anchor Standards, both on the home page and within each sub-strand section.
- Access the CCSS ELA College and Career Ready Capacities on the home page.
- Utilize bonus features - printable progressive continuums pdfs and matrices for each grade level’s collective standards.
Sample App Screenshots:
This screenshot provides you with the progressive continuums for argumentative writing in Grades 4, 5, and 6. There is a transition from opinion writing, which ends in Grade 5, to argument writing, which begins in Grade 6.
This screenshot provides you with a side-by-side comparison of Literacy in... Standard 2 for Reading in History/Social Studies (RH.6-8.2) and ELA Reading Informational Text Standard 2 for Grade 6 (RI.6.2).
This screenshot provides you with the search result for “central” in Reading Literature - Key Ideas and Details. Note: the first use of “central” is in Grade 1’s RL.1.2 - Retell stories, including key details, and demonstrate understanding of their central message or lesson.
To discuss training related to the CCSS ELA Progressive Continuums,
please contact Janet via:
Cell: 520.241.8797 ⠂ E-mail: Contact Form ⠂ Skype: janethale